NYC Builds Bio+ hosted its second, sold out Quarterly Breakfast on February 21, 2019. The event included presentations by three of New York City’s premier independent life science organizations – Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS, the New York Stem Cell Foundation and the New York Genome Center.
JLABS is a no-strings-attached incubator, catalyzing start-up companies in biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer health. The New York Stem Cell Foundation is accelerating cures for major diseases through stem cell research while The New York Genome Center is furthering genomic research that will lead to therapies for patients with neurodegenerative diseases, neuropsychiatric diseases, and cancer. All three organizations are working to solve the challenge of creating physical environments where science and innovation could thrive. The February NYC Builds Bio+ breakfast event highlighted the work accomplished by these important NYC institutions, as well as the challenges they faced in selecting, designing and building out their facilities.
Event Photo Gallery
8:00 AM – 8:30 AM – Breakfast and Networking
Tour of the JLABS Facility
8:30 AM – 8:45 AM – Welcome and Overview of the Meeting
- Kate Merton, Head of JLABS @ NYC
- Nancy J Kelley, President & CEO of Nancy J Kelley + Associates
- Mitchel W. Simpler, PE, FACEC, Managing Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
8:45 AM – 9:30 AM – Johnson and Johnson Innovation JLABS
- Kate Merton, Head of JLABS @NYC
- Boris Shor, Founder & CEO, Manhattan Biosolutions
- George Tetz, MD, PhD, CEO, Human Microbiology Institute
- Ariel Weinberger, CEO & Co-Founder, Autonomous Therapeutics, Inc.
- Paul Wilhelms, Senior Associate, Gensler
- Chris Horch, Associate Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
- Joyce Reyes, Associate, LightBox Studios
9:30 AM – 10:15 AM – New York Stem Cell Foundation
- Susan L. Solomon, CEO and Founder, New York Stem Cell Foundation
- Lois Mate, AIA, Associate Partner, Ennead Architects
- Brian Aronne, Senior Vice President, Operations Manager, Hunter Roberts
- Anthony Montalto, PE, LEED AP, Associate Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
10:15 AM – 10:25 AM – New York Genome Center
- Kathleen Kearns, Vice President, Development and Communications,
New York Genome Center
10:25 AM – 10:30 AM – NYC Builds Bio+
- Introducing its membership program, the 2019 Calendar of Events, working groups and inviting community participation.
- Nancy J Kelley, President & CEO, Nancy J Kelley + Associates
10:30 AM – 11:00 AM – Tour of the JLABS Facility
Tour of the New York Genome Center