Builds Bio+ and the Janus Property Company hosted a lively evening featuring leaders in the research and commercialization of advanced materials, focusing specifically on activities in West Harlem’s Innovation Triangle connecting The City College of New York/CUNY Advanced Science Research Center, Columbia University and the Manhattanville Factory District.
Attendees enjoyed after-work hors d’oeuvres and beverages from local favorites, e.terra Kitchen and Harlem Hops, plus fireside conversations, panel discussions and networking.
Taystee Lab Building
450 West 126th Street, New York
Tuesday, November 14 • 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Event Photo Gallery
- Helen Lu, Hudson Professor, Biomedical Engineering; Senior Vice Dean, Columbia University
- Karl Schmieder, MS/MFA, Founder and CEO Messaginglab, Author – What’s Your Bio-Strategy?
- Steven Nicoll, Co-Found, CSO – Cellulora, Inc., Professor – Biomedical Engineering, City College of New York
- Theanne Schiros, Co-Founder, Chief Scientific Officer, Werewool, Associate Professor of Materials Science, Fashion Institute of Technology, National Geographic Explorer, Research Scientist, Center for Integrated Science and Engineering (CISE), Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC), Columbia University
- David Harvey, Managing Director, Xias Bio Limited
- Saloni Gupta, Kintra Fibers
- Melissa Fensterstock, Company Building Advisor, Material Impact Ventures
- Randy Allen, Company Building Partner, Material Impact Ventures
- Coppelia Marincovic, Investment Manager North America, Solvay Ventures
- Sabriya Stukes, Chief Scientific Officer, IndieBio
- Rein Ulijn, PhD, Director – Nanoscience Initiative, ASRC Sensor CAT, NanoBioNYC Program, City University of New York
The Janus Property Company, Builds Bio+, The City College of New York City Innovations Collaborative, Columbia University, CUNY Advanced Science Research Center, Harlem Biospace, Indie Bio, J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Life Science Cares New York