After the success of our virtual event in May 2022, IMN was pleased to announce the in-person launch of the Life Sciences Real Estate Forum on July 28-29, 2022, the first and only national conference to explore the range of investment and development opportunities in life sciences real estate.
The global pandemic has catalyzed investment in life sciences, biotech and pharma (over $45 billion of venture capital entered the sector in 2020) but these sectors remain significantly undersupplied from a real estate perspective. Last year saw a 12 percent increase in total commercial lab space to 95 million square feet, and with more than 35 million square feet of new construction in the pipeline, complemented by increased property conversions into lab spaces, this forum is the perfect place to learn and meet incumbent leaders and new players in this exciting sector.
Conveniently located in the established life science hub of San Diego, the event was hosted in Southern California’s pristine setting of Coronado Bay. With a plethora of on-site learning and networking opportunities, the location provided an ideal assembly point for national and local investors, developers, life science/biotech/pharma companies, lenders, brokers and other real estate professionals to do business.
The topics included:
- Technical considerations for designing, constructing & operating life science facilities
- Development opportunities in pharmaceutical office, lab, incubator, cold storage and mixed-use
- The impact of drug discovery and vaccine development on life sciences real estate innovation
- Financing life sciences real estate investments; sourcing government, institutional, VC, and alternative funding
- Emerging market outlook, JV and public-private partnership structures, institutional fund flows
- Conversion & adaptive reuse opportunities and incentives
- Property management & leasing strategies
- Innovation Districts